CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Secret of Moses

With the setting of the mountain sun
As it dipped low in the sky,
With the stretching of the clouds that hung
O'er the peaks of Mt. Sinai,
I saw Jehovah in the mist
And then, He spoke His Word
"Be still and know that I am God,"
Was the whisper that I heard.

"Be silent now, and hear Me speak,"
He continued to compose
The notes that made a music piece
Turned the hues to shades of rose
"My desperate Children seek a sign,
freedom from Egypt land
So listen closely as I speak
Of what is in thine hand."

And as I lingered many nights
upon the mountain peak,
I loved to hear the still, small voice
whenever it would speak.
I uttered hardly a single word
I did not need to say
A single thing; a trifle thought
For He taught me how to pray.

--In silence, still, in quietness
in the beauty of the Lord...
There, I found my mountaintop
and He loved me with His Word.


1 comments:

Mike said...

Beautiful Nyx! xoxo