CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 24, 2006

In this place where I have come to be
Tormented, tried, and beaten down,
This place that seems a storm-tossed sea
Where waves are thrashing all around,
I find my courage failing...then
In conscience lost, I hear you say:
"Repeat the Words which I have spoken--
Jesus Christ, the same, TODAY."

In my darkened hour, my flood of tears
Seem encompassing, and demons try
To make me sink into their darkness
They tell me I am too weak to fly
And in that second, salvation sweet
Comes to me once more again,
I hear your words: "Repeat after Me--
With God, all things are possible to men."

In the midnight moments I have known
And just before the break of dawn,
In my deepest loneliness,
I feel that somehow, I can go on.
For I have heard you say before,
And I have repeated after you,
"I know Whom I have believed",
And Lord, You have known me, too.

You have known my frailty of heart
You have known the weakness of my flesh
You have known me in my coverings,
And even in my nakedness.
And when Your Word speaks to Me,
I know that through the worst despair,
I'll always have your Promise of
YOU there.

0 comments: